Date: 9.16.2224
Location: Between Lands
Field Log:
Nearly died today.
Spotted several giant rabid armadillos charging my position. Closed distance faster than expected. I had two fragmentation grenades in hand, pin bent, waiting for the right moment.
Never threw them.
The armadillos suddenly stopped.
Started digging.
Seconds later, enormous bloodworms burst from the ground.
Everything changed.
The armadillos forgot about me entirely and descended on the worms with terrifying speed. Dirt, blood, and dust everywhere. Sounded like the earth was tearing itself apart.
I stayed still.
Didn't waste a grenade.
Didn't waste a breath.
When the feeding stopped, the armadillos regrouped and wandered off as if I'd never existed.
I waited another five minutes before moving.
Found shelter inside an overturned transit bus.
Ate some mutfruit and tato paste.
Hands finally stopped shaking.
Incident Summary
- Contact: Giant rabid armadillos (multiple)
- Intended Response: Fragmentation grenades
- Unexpected Variable: Bloodworm emergence
- Result: Hostiles redirected toward new prey
- Ammunition Expended: None
- Injuries: None
- Lesson: Sometimes surviving means letting nature solve its own problem.
Rest cycle authorized.
— Big Chief Mike Marcel
No comments:
Post a Comment